How can we take better care of our environment?
Nature provides us all with so many wonderful and useful things. From beautiful sights to food and shelter, and to maintaining the delicate balance necessary to sustain life on this planet. Mother Nature works very hard to ensure that life can exist (and coexist) in the driest deserts and the lushest rainforests.
As industry advances and the human footprint spreads, the delicacy of this balance increases more and more. As a result, we must do our best in helping nature to thrive, however we can. That starts with taking care of the environment.
Humans, though often unintentionally, have the most detrimental impact on the environment, sometimes forgetting that the environment around us is an essential part of human survival. The more we turn a blind eye to the environment, the more it will become polluted with contaminants and toxins that harm our health. Furthermore, a clean environment is vital not only to our own healthy living, but the survival of all living things.
The air we breathe is the most essential resource that the environment provides us with. And our efforts to reduce air pollution are currently far from offsetting pollution being pumped into the air daily (especially in major cities).
Yes, the problems we’re now facing are tough. However, the good news is that everyone can help to do their bit for the environment. In other words, if each of us can be more conscious of environmental issues and willing to take some simple steps to save the planet, we can make a huge contribution.
Nowadays, with increasing environmental awareness among the public, people around the world are coming together to advocate for a greener future. As a pioneering platform striving to create an environmental advocacy community, we at Glimmer are committed to improving and taking care of our surrounding environment. We do this by highlighting practical tips to its members on the things they can do to live more sustainably.
Here are a few ways to take better care of our environment:
- Turn out the lights when they are not in use – This one is too easy, but is actually one of the more commonly overlooked ways to reduce energy consumption.
- Reusable water bottles – Fossil fuels are required to make plastic bottles, so using fewer plastic bottles will help greatly in preserving this precious resource.
- Recycling – Recycling is one of the most popular and most impactful ways that you can help the environment.
- Repurposing – So many things around your home can be repurposed and reused. Plastic bags, for instance, can be reused at the grocery store or used as small wastebasket bags.
- Detergents – There are several things we use detergents for. Most of them are bad for the environment. Everything that goes down a drain will eventually find its way back to a source of water again. Choose natural soaps, shampoos, body washes, and laundry detergents to help keep our natural water supply clean.
8 Simple ways to help the environment. https://www.fastweb.com/student-life/articles/eight-simple-ways-to-help-the-environment
Reasons why we should care about the environment https://www.eraenvironnement.com/reasons-why-we-should-care-about-the-8927-environment/#sthash.IZD8opUb.dpbs
The importance of taking care of the environment. https://naturesacademy.org/educator-resources/the-importance-of-taking-care-of-the-environment/
#Sustainability #SustainableLiving #Environmental #ClimateAction #TogetherForThePlanet